SARS-CoV2 l Information to our business partners
Dear business partners, dear business friends
In the current situation, we are all faced with extreme challenges in all aspects of our lives. The things of our everyday life that we have taken for granted so far are new gaining a new importance weighting.
In order to meet our entrepreneurial and social responsibility to the maximum possible extent under the circumstances given and to keep the reins of action as much as possible in our hands, we decided to take the following actions - exceeding the options for actions carefully chosen on Feb 26 and March 12 - concerning our locations in Germany and Slovakia for the time being:
- For the well-being of our staff and thus for your well-being, we are reducing our production capacities starting today to an emergency operation until April 17 in order to then reassess the situation.
- Similarly, we postpone the delivery of orders in close coordination with the customers affected by this, unless these orders are clearly of system and supply-relevant importance, e.g. in the medical and pharmaceutical industry or the infrastructure sector.
- The supply of spare parts is not affected by the emergency operation, as far as the pre-supply situation, which is currently becoming increasingly sluggish due to the logistical challenges, or the availability of our employees, allows it.
- Our service technicians and hotline service staff are 'remotely' available by telephone and web service. For the time being, no service assignments will be carried out at your premises.
- All service technicians who are currently still in the field in non-risk areas to install equipment will be withdrawn from the field starting today. We will work with your production and maintenance teams to hand over the equipment in a mutually acceptable state considering the current circumstances. In doing so, we will also try to establish conditions that allow you to work independently and/or with our hotline support.
- The staff of our project and application technology service is also 'remotely' available via the contacts you know.
- The same applies, of course, to the contact persons you know from the design and sales departments.
- We will give our locations in China and India our unrestricted support in their operations, which are currently running (again) at full capacity, but we will also take a critical look at the local development.
- We are trying to maintain the US operations under the regionally varying conditions of emergency legislation and in the interests of the health of our employees, as far as this is justifiable.
- We see our business activities under the aspect of force majeure and the far-reaching official instructions that have already been issued or are expected to be issued, which will certainly differ from region to region.
- We will inform you again on April 16 by another letter regarding the situation and delivery capacities. Of course we will of course remain in touch with you bilaterally and on a daily basis.
However, we would also like to invite you to continue networking with other industry partners and us via the SmartConnect4U ecosystem during these challenging times, in order to exchange information in a targeted manner, to boost project work and to shape the future! After your registration, we will go live with the currently announced functionalities for the most part and no later than March 30. Please register now at https://ecosystem.smartconnect4u.biz/en/
We would like to take this opportunity to wish all of us - but especially those of you who have already been severely affected by the current strokes of fate - to continue to have the strength and perseverance that we will all ultimately and abundantly need to deal with this difficult situation for the benefit of all. At the same time, however, we wish you the courage, confidence and optimism to think about the future and to continue to shape it with perspectives.
Stay well-disposed to us and - above all – healthy!
With best regards from the entire DESMA team
Martin Schürmann Dr. Harald Zebedin